April 10, 2011


on cotton
approx - 50x60cm

I decided to have fun and experiment with giving 'real' volume to the batiks..
this consists of raising up areas with acrylic fiber stuffing, and with folds and stitches..

Its nice to break away from flat surfaces and use the fact that batik is fabric

Someone told me recently that green is a very difficult colour to like; so I made this all green (to see).. :)


  1. very nice try i like it ! the volume gives a new perspective

  2. Frog is brilliant!!1 You are right (and brave) to experiment.My Foundation Art encouraged me to do so too. Now my degree is over I hope to have fun experimenting once more


your comments are very welcome!