January 10, 2011

'sunshine' in a bottle


on cotton
36 x 55cm
_________________
When we were kids, my mother (or my parents) used to make us home-made lime cordial.  We called it 'Sunshine'.
Basically lemon juice and sugar, left to 'cook' in the sun over several days.  One of the niches in verandha wall was reserved for Sunshine.
____________________
On a technical note : while looking through the galleries of other batik artists on the Batik Guild site, I noticed that someone had used bleach in her list of processes.  So I experimented with using that here : I bleached the inside of the niche after the green of the leaves before doing the sequence of niche beige and shadows.
Honestly, I feel like I cheated!  I know that it is a process like any other - but still...

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are very welcome!