batik on rough cotton
It's interesting to work with a different base material. The rougher cotton absorbs both the wax and the dyes differently from what I've become used to. I think this is also the batik where I've used the most layers of colours. It's also the first one which was worked on 90% stretched on a wooden frame, so the dyes were painted (or dripped) on.
I find it a bit too illustrative and not 'batik' enough; but then I've spent too long staring at it. A good night's sleep and a fresh lookey-see might make a difference.
The idea of perspective is interesting though; shall see what else can be done with it.